Welcome to MoonBeam Blog!

Here is where you will find the latest book reviews! Save time and money by coming here first to read up on what's hot and what's not. Mostly Young adult, New Adult,Romance and Paranormal. I may add some Fantasy and Classics to the mix.
I'll try my best to keep current, If I don't, please forgive me;)

Looking for an editor? MB will do that for you too!
Contact me on Facebook (MoonBeam Publishing&Reviews) or email me direct nadja.mann@yahoo.com

Thank you for dropping by and hope you come and see us again!

About Me

My photo
Publisher and lover of books. Reading and reviewing just about any genre. Hope you enjoy my reviews...Happy Reading;)

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Rush by Maya Banks (review 2-16-13)


I got two words for this book..shock and awe!
It was a bit much for me to handle in the beginning, but as I read more it got better. The writing was good, but I guess I'm not an "erotica" type. I'm not judging anyone, but how can anyone read this type of stuff all the time? For me I have to take this in small doses. I can handle the sex and even some of the BDSM, what I couldn't handle is the guy Gabe being such a jerk! He had no personality. Mia was the same for me, she was just ok, nothing exciting and half the time i just felt embarrassed for her. I get that this is what happens in this type of lifestyle, but come on....you'd have to be a robot to do this nonsense, to be with someone purely for the sex, without love is impossible in my opinion. The last half of the book had a little more substance to it and it's what got me through. I'm sure I'll read the rest of the series when it comes out, because I need to see what happens:) Also, this book is quite a bit like fifty shades, sorry, but it is. Don't get me wrong, I liked fifty shades of grey as well and it was very tame compared to this:) With this being said, I will give it 3 stars. Decent story, too graphic for me..I know, what did I expect? Lol
It was very entertaining for sure and I give props to the author. She made everything very descriptive for sure. Oh well, call me old fashioned..back to Young/New Adult for me;)

No comments:

Post a Comment